https and timeout

  • shnuber
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 6, 2007
      I have a webservice client that might/might not be able to access the
      server, so getting timeout working is crucial. It seems to work fine
      over regular http, but when i try and switch to use ssl https the
      timeout feature doesn't timeout the SOAP call. Anyone else have this
      problem, and know how to fix it?

      my $soap = SOAP::Lite
      ->uri('urn:RegisterServer')
      ->proxy('https://' . $httpsURL, timeout => 5);

      $soap->proxy->timeout(5);
      $soap->transport->timeout(5);
    • Thomas Eden
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 6, 2007
        Been using it with https no problem:

        my $response = SOAP::Lite
        ->outputxml(1)
        ->proxy($config{url}, timeout => $config{timeout})
        ->uri($config{uri})
        ->call(blah-blah);