RE: [soaplite] File Attachments

    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 9, 2001
      Hi, Mike!

      --- Michael Percy <mpercy@...> wrote:
      > Aside from standard SOAP RPC calls, isn't there something in the
      > SOAP specification referring to actual file upload or attachments,
      > outside of the scope of a remote method call?
      Not as far as I remember. SOAP spec deals with XML encoding only.
      SOAP-with-attachments extend it toward MIME encoding, but does it for
      multipart/related content-type. multipart/form-data is pretty similar
      and the ONLY two things are different in current implementation: as
      per SOAP-w-att XML payload should be identified with 'start'
      attribute and since browsers don't use it I'm relying on ORDER of
      MIME parts and first part is considered as XML payload. The second
      difference is that form-data elements are named with
      content-disposition.name and SOAP-w-att requires usage of content-is
      or content-location as identification marks.

      Seems like .NET also supports form-data encoding [1], but I don't
      have much detail on implementation.

      http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/