Re: [soaplite] Getting header/data info from the server side

  • Thomas Eden
    Message 1 of 4 , May 23 10:22 AM
      We went with the custom deserializer approach, mostly out of necessity. Someone here thought it was a good idea to use SOAP to transport a 500k XML document with 3000+ data elements, so I had to write a custom deserializer since iterating through with SOM was taking way tooooo long.

      The biggest help was the tip we got from http://www.gogeo.ac.uk/geoPortal10/PortletInfo.html in section 3.1.1. We mod'd SOAP::Lite as prescribed and can get the raw xml of the request, then use our own parser on it.

      Thom

      On 5/23/07, Joe Hourcle <oneiros@...> wrote:

      On Tue, 22 May 2007, FreX wrote:

      > Hi,
      >
      > I would like to know how is it possible to get from the server side
      > (like in on_action method) to be able to read the variables from the
      > header/data that was sent.

      It'd be easier to answer your question if you were more specific as to
      what you considered to be header and/or data.

      HTTP header? SOAP header (aka envelope)? Some other header?

      Typically, the point of SOAP is that you don't need to mess with these
      items. If you want to mess with the SOAP envelope, you could probably do
      it in a custom deserializer.

      You might write a customized Transport object to mess with the HTTP
      headers.

      If you explained what you were trying to do, rather than how you're trying
      to do it, there might be people who could give solutions.

      -----
      Joe Hourcle

    • FreX
      Message 2 of 4 , May 23 10:31 AM
        Hi, Thanks for the fast reply.

        I'm using Soap::Transport::http (::daemon), and I want to have a way
        to have authorization check (without using apache).
        I thouhg that I would be able to do that by sending after each request
        a key with user&password , that I can check via on_action in the
        server side..

        If you know a better way to do that , I'll be happy to hear...

        thanks in advance,

        - Tom