Re: [soaplite] Object Distruction

  • Joe Hourcle
    Message 1 of 3 , May 23 9:24 AM
      On Tue, 22 May 2007, FreX wrote:

      > Hi,
      >
      > I found out that when I call a remote method twice, the destory
      > function is being called as well twice..
      > But I though that the object is keeped alive in the soap server for a
      > specific const time (somehting like 600 sec)..
      > Why is the reason for that?..

      If the SOAP server is running as a CGI, then the service will clean up
      after each call. If you need statefullness, you'll need to run it under
      FastCGI or mod_perl, and handle any side effects / cleanup on your own.
      (I don't know of any specific 10min rules).

      ------
      Joe Hourcle
    • FreX
      Message 2 of 3 , May 23 10:25 AM
        Hi! First, I want to thanks for the fast reply, so thanks :)

        The Soap server I'm running, is by SOAP::TRANSPORT::HTTP:DAEMON,
        and it is without using any apache server.

        Let me make the question more clear (And please correct me, if i'm
        worng somewhere):
        When I create an object remotly, the server creates it for itself, and
        then it is kept alive a const time (600 seconds) by the
        $SOAP::Constants::OBJS_BY_REF_KEEPALIVE variable.
        (you can see it on
        http://search.cpan.org/~byrne/SOAP-Lite-0.69/lib/SOAP/Server.pm)
        The wierd thing that happends, is that if I do two calls for that
        *specific* object, I see twice calling to the object destruction
        function. That is wierd, since I excpected that the destroctor will be
        called only once, and after the const time..

        Thanks a lot in advance!

        - Tom