Re: [soaplite] Caching the service

  • Rick Measham
    Message 1 of 4 , May 23 3:47 AM
      Paul Gallagher wrote:
      > Hi Rick, wanted to reply so you don't only hear the echo of your own
      > voice;)

      LOL! Thanks :-D

      > yes you can operate without it if you know (and can rely on the
      > stability) of the service definition you are calling.

      I can. If it changes, I will have been the one to load the new software :-D

      > if you don't
      > want to throw away the wsdl completely, you can cache it in a local
      > file and load from there.

      That's what I'm currently doing .. it's taking 15 seconds still! I'll
      look into not using it .. try to work out how that's done.

      Appreciate you taking the time to reply.

      Cheers!
      Rick Measham
    • Joe Hourcle
      Message 2 of 4 , May 23 7:26 AM
        On Wed, 23 May 2007, Rick Measham wrote:

        > This feels like a zero-traffic mailing list .. I'm seeing questions but
        > no answers. Oh well, I'll try :-D
        >
        > Calling SOAP::Lite->service($service) is taking 15 seconds. Even if the
        > $service is a file URL on the local machine. I can't afford 15 seconds
        > per process so I want to cache whatever happens there. However, Cache::*
        > can't cache CODE refs.
        >
        > Is there any other way to cache the service? Or am I totally missing
        > something? What would happen if I didn't load the WSDL? Is it possible
        > to operate without it without causing major development work or other
        > overheads?

        There's a program in the SOAP::Lite distribution that will take a wsdl
        file, and create a perl module that you can call, rather than parsing the
        wsdl each time.

        Look for 'stubmaker.pl', and see if that speeds things up.

        -----
        Joe Hourcle