Object Distruction

  • FreX
    Message 1 of 3 , May 22, 2007
      Hi,

      I found out that when I call a remote method twice, the destory
      function is being called as well twice..
      But I though that the object is keeped alive in the soap server for a
      specific const time (somehting like 600 sec)..
      Why is the reason for that?..

      Thanks,

      Tom (FreX)
    • Joe Hourcle
      Message 2 of 3 , May 23, 2007
        On Tue, 22 May 2007, FreX wrote:

        > Hi,
        >
        > I found out that when I call a remote method twice, the destory
        > function is being called as well twice..
        > But I though that the object is keeped alive in the soap server for a
        > specific const time (somehting like 600 sec)..
        > Why is the reason for that?..

        If the SOAP server is running as a CGI, then the service will clean up
        after each call. If you need statefullness, you'll need to run it under
        FastCGI or mod_perl, and handle any side effects / cleanup on your own.
        (I don't know of any specific 10min rules).

        ------
        Joe Hourcle
      • FreX
        Message 3 of 3 , May 23, 2007
          Hi! First, I want to thanks for the fast reply, so thanks :)

          The Soap server I'm running, is by SOAP::TRANSPORT::HTTP:DAEMON,
          and it is without using any apache server.

          Let me make the question more clear (And please correct me, if i'm
          worng somewhere):
          When I create an object remotly, the server creates it for itself, and
          then it is kept alive a const time (600 seconds) by the
          $SOAP::Constants::OBJS_BY_REF_KEEPALIVE variable.
          (you can see it on
          http://search.cpan.org/~byrne/SOAP-Lite-0.69/lib/SOAP/Server.pm)
          The wierd thing that happends, is that if I do two calls for that
          *specific* object, I see twice calling to the object destruction
          function. That is wierd, since I excpected that the destroctor will be
          called only once, and after the const time..

          Thanks a lot in advance!

          - Tom