Re: [soaplite] way to see SOAP message produced by code?

  • Enrique J. Hernández
    Message 1 of 5 , May 17, 2007
      El mié, 16-05-2007 a las 20:05 +0000, Michael escribió:
      > I am attempting to write a simple SOAP client using the SOAP::Lite
      > module, but I can't seem to make my SOAP requests produce any results.
      >
      > I am wondering if there is an easy way for me to see the complete SOAP
      > request that my code is generating. I know exactly what the SOAP
      > server is expecting to see, so if I can see what my code produces I
      > might be able to understand what is going wrong. It would be very
      > helpful to be able to look at the raw SOAP messages my code produces.

      In order to see the SOAP messages and HTTP headers (if your using HTTP
      transport) you should add SOAP::Trace like this:

      use SOAP::Lite +trace => [qw(debug)];

      Cheers,

      ---
      Enrique J. Hernández

      Computer science engineer & eBox developer http://ebox-platform.com
      Warp Networks http://www.warp.es/en
    • Paul Gallagher
      Message 2 of 5 , May 17, 2007
        Hi Michael,
        Iremember struggling with the same issue when I started using
        SOAP::Lite. I searched for a SOAP::Data->get_as_string function in
        vain.
        What I rely on usually is firstly tracing, as in:
        use SOAP::Lite +trace => 'debug';
        Secondly, I commonly use tcpmon from the axis kit to watch what is
        happening on the wire (request and response).
        If anyone has better solutions, I'd love to hear them too!

        Regards,
        Paul