Re: [soaplite] way to see SOAP message produced by code?

  • Enrique J. Hernández
    Message 1 of 5 , May 17, 2007
      El mié, 16-05-2007 a las 20:05 +0000, Michael escribió:
      > I am attempting to write a simple SOAP client using the SOAP::Lite
      > module, but I can't seem to make my SOAP requests produce any results.
      >
      > I am wondering if there is an easy way for me to see the complete SOAP
      > request that my code is generating. I know exactly what the SOAP
      > server is expecting to see, so if I can see what my code produces I
      > might be able to understand what is going wrong. It would be very
      > helpful to be able to look at the raw SOAP messages my code produces.

      In order to see the SOAP messages and HTTP headers (if your using HTTP
      transport) you should add SOAP::Trace like this:

      use SOAP::Lite +trace => [qw(debug)];

      Cheers,

      ---
      Enrique J. Hernández

      Computer science engineer & eBox developer http://ebox-platform.com
      Warp Networks http://www.warp.es/en
    • Eric Bridger
      Message 2 of 5 , May 17, 2007
        To see the xml sent:
        $soap->transport->http_request->content()

        To see the xml received:
        $soap->transport->http_response->content()

        Must be done after the SOAP request is made.

        Eric

        On May 16, 2007, at 4:05 PM, Michael wrote:

        > I am attempting to write a simple SOAP client using the SOAP::Lite
        > module, but I can't seem to make my SOAP requests produce any results.
        >
        > I am wondering if there is an easy way for me to see the complete SOAP
        > request that my code is generating. I know exactly what the SOAP
        > server is expecting to see, so if I can see what my code produces I
        > might be able to understand what is going wrong. It would be very
        > helpful to be able to look at the raw SOAP messages my code produces.

      • quique_jh
        Message 3 of 5 , May 17, 2007
          --- In soaplite@yahoogroups.com, "Michael" <mikezero1@...> wrote:

          > I am attempting to write a simple SOAP client using the SOAP::Lite
          > module, but I can't seem to make my SOAP requests produce any results.
          >
          > I am wondering if there is an easy way for me to see the complete SOAP
          > request that my code is generating. I know exactly what the SOAP
          > server is expecting to see, so if I can see what my code produces I
          > might be able to understand what is going wrong. It would be very
          > helpful to be able to look at the raw SOAP messages my code produces.

          In order to see the SOAP messages and HTTP headers (if your using HTTP
          transport) you should add SOAP::Trace like this:

          use SOAP::Lite +trace => [qw(debug)];

          Cheers,

          ---
          Enrique J. Hernández

          Computer science engineer & eBox developer http://ebox-platform.com
          Warp Networks http://www.warp.es/en
        • Paul Gallagher
          Message 4 of 5 , May 17, 2007
            Hi Michael,
            Iremember struggling with the same issue when I started using
            SOAP::Lite. I searched for a SOAP::Data->get_as_string function in
            vain.
            What I rely on usually is firstly tracing, as in:
            use SOAP::Lite +trace => 'debug';
            Secondly, I commonly use tcpmon from the axis kit to watch what is
            happening on the wire (request and response).
            If anyone has better solutions, I'd love to hear them too!

            Regards,
            Paul