way to see SOAP message produced by code?

  • Michael
    Message 1 of 5 , May 16, 2007
      I am attempting to write a simple SOAP client using the SOAP::Lite
      module, but I can't seem to make my SOAP requests produce any results.

      I am wondering if there is an easy way for me to see the complete SOAP
      request that my code is generating. I know exactly what the SOAP
      server is expecting to see, so if I can see what my code produces I
      might be able to understand what is going wrong. It would be very
      helpful to be able to look at the raw SOAP messages my code produces.
    • Enrique J. Hernández
      Message 2 of 5 , May 17, 2007
        El mié, 16-05-2007 a las 20:05 +0000, Michael escribió:
        > I am attempting to write a simple SOAP client using the SOAP::Lite
        > module, but I can't seem to make my SOAP requests produce any results.
        >
        > I am wondering if there is an easy way for me to see the complete SOAP
        > request that my code is generating. I know exactly what the SOAP
        > server is expecting to see, so if I can see what my code produces I
        > might be able to understand what is going wrong. It would be very
        > helpful to be able to look at the raw SOAP messages my code produces.

        In order to see the SOAP messages and HTTP headers (if your using HTTP
        transport) you should add SOAP::Trace like this:

        use SOAP::Lite +trace => [qw(debug)];

        Cheers,

        ---
        Enrique J. Hernández

        Computer science engineer & eBox developer http://ebox-platform.com
        Warp Networks http://www.warp.es/en
      • Eric Bridger
        Message 3 of 5 , May 17, 2007
          To see the xml sent:
          $soap->transport->http_request->content()

          To see the xml received:
          $soap->transport->http_response->content()

          Must be done after the SOAP request is made.

          Eric

          On May 16, 2007, at 4:05 PM, Michael wrote:

          > I am attempting to write a simple SOAP client using the SOAP::Lite
          > module, but I can't seem to make my SOAP requests produce any results.
          >
          > I am wondering if there is an easy way for me to see the complete SOAP
          > request that my code is generating. I know exactly what the SOAP
          > server is expecting to see, so if I can see what my code produces I
          > might be able to understand what is going wrong. It would be very
          > helpful to be able to look at the raw SOAP messages my code produces.

        • quique_jh
          Message 4 of 5 , May 17, 2007
            --- In soaplite@yahoogroups.com, "Michael" <mikezero1@...> wrote:

            > I am attempting to write a simple SOAP client using the SOAP::Lite
            > module, but I can't seem to make my SOAP requests produce any results.
            >
            > I am wondering if there is an easy way for me to see the complete SOAP
            > request that my code is generating. I know exactly what the SOAP
            > server is expecting to see, so if I can see what my code produces I
            > might be able to understand what is going wrong. It would be very
            > helpful to be able to look at the raw SOAP messages my code produces.

            In order to see the SOAP messages and HTTP headers (if your using HTTP
            transport) you should add SOAP::Trace like this:

            use SOAP::Lite +trace => [qw(debug)];

            Cheers,

            ---
            Enrique J. Hernández

            Computer science engineer & eBox developer http://ebox-platform.com
            Warp Networks http://www.warp.es/en
          • Paul Gallagher
            Message 5 of 5 , May 17, 2007
              Hi Michael,
              Iremember struggling with the same issue when I started using
              SOAP::Lite. I searched for a SOAP::Data->get_as_string function in
              vain.
              What I rely on usually is firstly tracing, as in:
              use SOAP::Lite +trace => 'debug';
              Secondly, I commonly use tcpmon from the axis kit to watch what is
              happening on the wire (request and response).
              If anyone has better solutions, I'd love to hear them too!

              Regards,
              Paul