Re: [soaplite] SOAP::Lite / WSDL

  • Joe Hourcle
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 12, 2007
      On Mon, 12 Mar 2007, Andreas Zelonka wrote:

      > Hello everyone,
      >
      > I'm new to SOAP::Lite and now found a problem I can't solve, thats why
      > I'm writing this email. So far I have a SOAP-Server and client running.
      > My problem is that I made a WSDL File but I can figure out how to make
      > it work. The WSDL File is correct. When I write a client, using the
      > WSDL-file, which includes this code snippet
      >
      > print SOAP::Lite
      > my $service = SOAP::Lite
      > -> service('localhost/soap/test.wsdl');
      > -> sayHello("$name") , "\n";
      >
      > I get some wierd failure saying: "Use of uninitialized value in
      > concatenation (.) or string at (eval 93) line 38". Has anyone of you
      > also been confronted with this problem?

      What is $name set to? Also, is 'localhost/soap/test.wsdl' a path, or an
      attempt at a URL without a protocol?

      And, you seem to have mixed a few statements in odd ways (semicolons in
      the wrong places for it to be valid Perl). Try the following instead:

      use SOAP::Lite;
      my $name = 'something';

      print STDOUT SOAP::Lite
      -> service('http://localhost/soap/test.wsdl')