SOAP::Lite / WSDL

  • Andreas Zelonka
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 12, 2007
      Hello everyone,

      I'm new to SOAP::Lite and now found a problem I can't solve, thats why I'm writing this email. So far I have a SOAP-Server and client running. My problem is that I made a WSDL File but I can figure out how to make it work. The WSDL File is correct. When I write a client, using the WSDL-file, which includes this code snippet

      print SOAP::Lite
      my $service =  SOAP::Lite
        -> service('localhost/soap/test.wsdl');
        -> sayHello("$name") , "\n";

      I get some wierd failure saying: "Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string at (eval 93) line 38". Has anyone of you also been confronted with this problem?

      I would appreciate any suggestions on how to solve this problem.

      Thanks in advance

      Coren

      Besseren Schutz gegen Spam - jetzt bei dem neuen Yahoo! Mail .
    • Joe Hourcle
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 12, 2007
        On Mon, 12 Mar 2007, Andreas Zelonka wrote:

        > Hello everyone,
        >
        > I'm new to SOAP::Lite and now found a problem I can't solve, thats why
        > I'm writing this email. So far I have a SOAP-Server and client running.
        > My problem is that I made a WSDL File but I can figure out how to make
        > it work. The WSDL File is correct. When I write a client, using the
        > WSDL-file, which includes this code snippet
        >
        > print SOAP::Lite
        > my $service = SOAP::Lite
        > -> service('localhost/soap/test.wsdl');
        > -> sayHello("$name") , "\n";
        >
        > I get some wierd failure saying: "Use of uninitialized value in
        > concatenation (.) or string at (eval 93) line 38". Has anyone of you
        > also been confronted with this problem?

        What is $name set to? Also, is 'localhost/soap/test.wsdl' a path, or an
        attempt at a URL without a protocol?

        And, you seem to have mixed a few statements in odd ways (semicolons in
        the wrong places for it to be valid Perl). Try the following instead:

        use SOAP::Lite;
        my $name = 'something';

        print STDOUT SOAP::Lite
        -> service('http://localhost/soap/test.wsdl')