HTTPS

  • aclarkdc@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 7, 2001
      I'm trying to connect to a SOAP server using https. I went through
      the pain of getting openssl installed, I installed Crypt::SSLeay but
      when I try to make an HTTPS call (after setting proxy
      ('https://yada.yada.yada.com')) I get an error stating "Can't locate
      object method "set_verify" via package "Crypt::SSLeay::CTX" (perhaps
      you forgot to load "Crypt::SSLeay::CTX"?)" Does that look at all
      familiar? Did I install something wrong? The SOAP::Lite
      documentation says there shouldn't be anything to do on the client
      side to be able to use HTTPS.

      Thanks in advance!
      Annie
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 8, 2001
        Hi, Annie!

        > ('https://yada.yada.yada.com')) I get an error stating "Can't
        > locate
        > object method "set_verify" via package "Crypt::SSLeay::CTX"
        > (perhaps
        > you forgot to load "Crypt::SSLeay::CTX"?)" Does that look at all
        > familiar?
        Never saw this message. Can you connect to any https server without
        SOAP::Lite? I think that's the first step you should verify.

        That's looks pretty strange though, because I don't have a set_verify
        call in my Crypt::SSLeay code (I have a version 0.17).

        I don't think I can be more helpful than advising to check https
        connection without SOAP::Lite, because there is no specific options
        or parameters, LWP::UserAgent takes care of it, so if https works for
        you, it definitely will work with SOAP::Lite. Hope it helps.

        Best wishes, Paul.

        http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/