HTTP Headers

  • Byrne Reese
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 6, 2001
      I am working on an extension of the SOAP::Lite package and was curious
      if there was a way to set specific HTTP headers.

      All I would like to do is set the "Authorization" header to "BASIC
      <foo>"... I can set the Proxy-Authorization header with no problem,
      but what if I wanted to set the User-Agent header, or any of the other
      standard HTTP headers?

      Any ideas?

      Byrne
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 6, 2001
        Hi, Byrne!

        > All I would like to do is set the "Authorization" header to "BASIC
        > <foo>"... I can set the Proxy-Authorization header with no problem,
        > but what if I wanted to set the User-Agent header, or any of the
        > other standard HTTP headers?
        You can use any options available for LWP::UserAgent, using

        ->proxy($endpoint, @transport_specific_options);

        or

        $soap = SOAP::Lite
        -> proxy(...)
        -> uri(...);
        $soap->transport->timeout(5);

        # or any other LWP::UserAgent's method

        You can specify timeouts, cookies, or any other transport specific
        parameters.

        If you just need to specify authentication information, take a look
        into Security section in User Guide
        ("http://guide.soaplite.com/#security (ssl, basic/digest
        authentication, cookiebased authentication, ticketbased
        authentication, access control)")

        You can also always change any parameters of
        HTTP:Request/HTTP::Response objects with transport handler, but this
        way is not recommended since this interface may change in future
        versions (yet, you can see it in SOAP Cookbook
        http://cookbook.soaplite.com/#changing http protocol)

        Let me know if it doesn't help.

        Best wishes, Paul.

        http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/