return response is not what I expected!

  • cytopia00
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 14, 2007
      So, I have a soap server running on php which I know is working
      because it works on PHP and when I run the '+debug' on soap::lite it
      gives me back an array of strings.

      The call first uses
      $soap = SOAP::Lite->proxy('http://www.server.to/server.php');
      $response = $soap->get_ids();

      If you do a soap trace, you will get the response from the server with
      a string of ids. However, $response only contains the number 1.
      There is no array in it.

      Anyone know why my response is only returning 1? It's supposed to
      contain the array that I see in the soap trace.

      Any comments appreciated.

      -------
      Gamer Fan (www.gamerfan.com) - You are the Gamer
      -------
    • Dave Howorth
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 15, 2007
        Oops! sent it just to the OP ...

        > So, I have a soap server running on php which I know is working
        > because it works on PHP and when I run the '+debug' on soap::lite it
        > gives me back an array of strings.
        >
        > The call first uses
        > $soap = SOAP::Lite->proxy('http://www.server.to/server.php');
        > $response = $soap->get_ids();
        >
        > If you do a soap trace, you will get the response from the server with
        > a string of ids. However, $response only contains the number 1.
        > There is no array in it.
        >
        > Anyone know why my response is only returning 1? It's supposed to
        > contain the array that I see in the soap trace.

        Well, you haven't shown much detail :)

        My guess would be that you're doing some operation in scalar context
        instead of list context. What is the get_ids method?

        Cheers, Dave