Re: [soaplite] Where can I find perlctrl?

  • Sam Ruby
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 6 2:16 AM
      Paul Kulchenko wrote:

      > Could you post the code of your ASP page? This works for me:
      >
      > <%
      >   Response.ContentType = "text/xml"
      >  Response.Write(Server.CreateObject("SOAP.Lite") _
      >    .server("SOAP::Server") _
      >    .dispatch_to("/soaplite/modules") _
      >    .handle(Request.BinaryRead(Request.TotalBytes)) _
      >  )
      > %>

      That page verbatim hangs for me, as does

      <%
        Server.CreateObject("SOAP.Lite")
      %>

      But the following does not:

      <%
        Response.Write("SOAP.Lite")
      %>

      - Sam Ruby
      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 6 11:44 AM
        Hi, Sam!

        > That page verbatim hangs for me, as does
        >
        > <%
        > Server.CreateObject("SOAP.Lite")
        > %>
        You may also try this, it's also ASP, but uses PerlScript instead of
        VB. It does pretty much the same and I don't have a problem with both
        of them.

        <%@Language=PerlScript%>
        <%
        $Response->{ContentType} = "text/xml";
        $Response->Write($Server->CreateObject("SOAP.Lite")
        -> server("SOAP::Server")
        -> dispatch_to("/Your/Path/To/Deployed/Modules")
        -> handle($Request->BinaryRead($Request->{TotalBytes}))
        );
        %>

        Let me know whether it works for you, I'll try to find the reason.

        best wishes, Paul.

        --- Sam Ruby <rubys@...> wrote:
        > Paul Kulchenko wrote:
        > >
        > > Could you post the code of your ASP page? This works for me:
        > >
        > > <%
        > > � Response.ContentType = "text/xml"
        > >� Response.Write(Server.CreateObject("SOAP.Lite") _
        > >��� .server("SOAP::Server") _
        > >��� .dispatch_to("/soaplite/modules") _
        > >��� .handle(Request.BinaryRead(Request.TotalBytes)) _
        > >� )
        > > %>
        >
        > That page verbatim hangs for me, as does
        >
        > <%
        > � Server.CreateObject("SOAP.Lite")
        > %>
        >
        > But the following does not:
        >
        > <%
        > � Response.Write("SOAP.Lite")
        > %>
        >
        > - Sam Ruby

        http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/
      • Sam Ruby
        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 6 12:45 PM
          Paul Kulchenko wrote:

          > You may also try this, it's also ASP, but uses PerlScript instead of
          > VB. It does pretty much the same and I don't have a problem with both
          > of them.
          >
          > <%@Language=PerlScript%>
          > <%
          > $Response->{ContentType} = "text/xml";
          > $Response->Write($Server->CreateObject("SOAP.Lite")
          > -> server("SOAP::Server")
          > -> dispatch_to("/Your/Path/To/Deployed/Modules")
          > -> handle($Request->BinaryRead($Request->{TotalBytes}))
          > );
          > %>

          That hangs, but the following does not:

          <%@Language=PerlScript%>
          <%
          $Response->Write("SOAP.Lite");
          %>

          From what I can tell, I have Perl correctly installed, SOAP::Lite works
          fine as a client, my problem seems to be related to Lite.dll. The version
          I have is 32,768 bytes (not that that says much), and is dated 18 April
          2001.

          - Sam Ruby
          Message 4 of 9 , Jul 6 3:04 PM
            Hi, Sam!

            > From what I can tell, I have Perl correctly installed, SOAP::Lite
            > works
            > fine as a client, my problem seems to be related to Lite.dll. The
            > version
            > I have is 32,768 bytes (not that that says much), and is dated 18
            > April 2001.
            Yes, that's right. From this point can only recommend to try
            standalone version. Also Lite.dll, but doesn't require presence of
            Perl (yet will still work if Perl is installed). URL:
            http://soaplite.com/download/SOAP-Lite-COM-standalone-0.50.zip

            I never see it hanging. You may get message "Can't run PerlCtrl" or
            something similar, or other runtime error, but it always returns
            something. Let me know if it still doesn't work for you, I'll need
            more information about your environment then. You can send it to me
            directly (paulclinger@...).

            Best wishes, Paul.

            --- Sam Ruby <rubys@...> wrote:
            > Paul Kulchenko wrote:
            > >
            > > You may also try this, it's also ASP, but uses PerlScript instead
            > of
            > > VB. It does pretty much the same and I don't have a problem with
            > both
            > > of them.
            > >
            > > <%@Language=PerlScript%>
            > > <%
            > > $Response->{ContentType} = "text/xml";
            > > $Response->Write($Server->CreateObject("SOAP.Lite")
            > > -> server("SOAP::Server")
            > > -> dispatch_to("/Your/Path/To/Deployed/Modules")
            > > -> handle($Request->BinaryRead($Request->{TotalBytes}))
            > > );
            > > %>
            >
            > That hangs, but the following does not:
            >
            > <%@Language=PerlScript%>
            > <%
            > $Response->Write("SOAP.Lite");
            > %>
            >
            > From what I can tell, I have Perl correctly installed, SOAP::Lite
            > works
            > fine as a client, my problem seems to be related to Lite.dll. The
            > version
            > I have is 32,768 bytes (not that that says much), and is dated 18
            > April
            > 2001.
            >
            > - Sam Ruby

            http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/
          • Marcello Teodori
            Message 5 of 9 , Jul 25 10:32 AM
              I have the same problem.
              I' ve tried registering the Lite.dll library, both versions on
              - Windows 2000 Server
              - ActivePerl 5.6.1.628
              I always get:
              - "ClassFactory cannot create..." with standalone version
              - "PerlCtrl missing..." with minimal version
              Unfortunately I need to use ASP to store an object in the application
              context, so I don't have alternatives.
              I've tried as a workaround the following PerlScript code that does
              not call Lite.dll but should be the same:

              <Script Language="PerlScript" RunAt="Server">
              use SOAP::Lite;

              $Response->{ContentType} = "text/xml; charset=utf-8";
              $Response->Write(
              SOAP::Lite::COM
              -> server("SOAP::Server")
              -> dispatch_to('C:/alitalia/src/pl')
              -> handle($Request->BinaryRead($Request->{TotalBytes}))
              );
              </Script>

              but all I get is the following error:
              Can't call method "send_receive" on an undefined value at
              C:/Perl/site/lib/SOAP/Lite.pm line 395.
              and I can't find a solution to this.

              Any hint could be appreciated, thanx

              Marcello Teodori