wsdl basic authentication

  • brgomeistr
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 30, 2007
      #########################
      1) My web server requires basic authentication, so the following does
      not work:

      #! /usr/bin/perl -w
      use SOAP::Lite +trace => qw(debug);

      my $service = SOAP::Lite
      -> service("http://myserver.some.edu/soap/AstService.wsdl");

      user@host]$./test.pl
      Service description 'http://myserver.some.edu/soap/AstService.wsdl'
      can't be loaded: 401 Access Denied

      #########################
      2) I have tried adding the following, but I still get access denied:

      sub SOAP::Transport::HTTP::Client::get_basic_credentials {
      return 'admin' => 'password';
      }

      How can I authenticate????

      With a webbrowser I can grab the wsdl using:
      http://admin:password@.../soap/AstService.wsdl

      Any help is greatly appreciated as I have been unable to find any
      documentation on this simple task. Thanks.
    • Achim Grolms
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 31, 2007
        On Tuesday 30 January 2007 23:54, you wrote:

        > 1) My web server requires basic authentication, so the following does

        <http://www.perl.com/pub/a/2001/04/24/soap.html>
        shows examples doing BasicAuth.
        That code works fine for me.

        Achim

        --
        SOAP::Lite and WWW-Negotiate Authentication:

        Have a look ar LWP::Authen::Negotiate