dumping SOAP::Lite's XML for debugging

  • Achim Grolms
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 29, 2007
      Hello,

      I am using Perl and SOAP::Lite as a Client,
      transport protocol HTTP.
      What is an easy way to dump out the XML
      that "goes over the wire"?

      (I have had a look at perldoc SOAP::Lite and
      <http://cookbook.soaplite.com/>, but I am confused
      what is the way to go.)

      Achim
    • Thomas Eden
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 29, 2007
        On the client side, do this:

        use SOAP::Lite +trace => 'debug';

        I usually wrap it inside a check for opt_D from getopts...

        On 1/29/07, Achim Grolms <yahoo@...> wrote:

        Hello,

        I am using Perl and SOAP::Lite as a Client,
        transport protocol HTTP.
        What is an easy way to dump out the XML
        that "goes over the wire"?

        (I have had a look at perldoc SOAP::Lite and
        <http://cookbook.soaplite.com/>, but I am confused
        what is the way to go.)

        Achim

      • Mike C
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 29, 2007

          Using ethereal and monitoring the link directly can also be
          very informative about how things work.

          Mike

          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 29, 2007
            On Tuesday 30 January 2007 02:20, Thomas Eden wrote:
            > +trace => 'debug'

            That works fine for me.
            Thank you very mutch!

            Achim