Re: WSDL Generator for Perl Code?

  • Andrew Hicox
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 25, 2006
      Joby:

      Pod::WSDL is currently the best thing going for perl services. I have
      developed a large set of services that are called by Java Axis
      clients, and Pod::WSDL seems to be able to create WSDL that Axis
      understands.

      Some sticky wickets with this approach:

      A) Pod::WSDL can currently can only generate WSDL in RPC/Encoded

      B) "A" means that Axis clients are going to send input to your
      functions choc-full of HREF and MultiRefs.

      C) This means any complex types that you want to take as input to your
      functions are going to damn near unparsable with SOAP::Lite's default
      deserializer.

      D) the alternatives are to write your own deserializer (not
      reccomended), hack Pod::WSDL to generate RPC/Literal (encouraged, yet
      also not easy) or, don't take complex types as input parameters.

      That being said, Pod::WSDL in it's current state works fantastically
      well for complex type return data.

      -Andrew ;-)