MS MapPoint Web Service

  • Guy Morton
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 16, 2006
      Hello everybody

      Has anyone on this list had any experience with using SOAP::Lite to
      access the MS MapPoint web service? Is it possible? Anyone aware of
      pitfalls or traps for inexperienced players? Anyone know of any
      resources for this?

      Thanks

      Guy
    • Randy J. Ray
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 16, 2006
        > Has anyone on this list had any experience with using SOAP::Lite to
        > access the MS MapPoint web service? Is it possible? Anyone aware of
        > pitfalls or traps for inexperienced players? Anyone know of any
        > resources for this?

        I actually used MapPoint.NET in my last job. My experiences with it lead to the
        perl.com article I wrote:

        http://www.perl.com/pub/a/2003/03/26/perlanddotnet.html

        Though I don't refer to MapPoint.NET directly, the tips there should help.
        MapPoint is a typical .NET service, so the critical thing is making sure you
        craft your SOAP::Lite calls so that they conform to the strictness expected by
        .NET.

        Randy
        Randy J. Ray Westminster, CO http://www.rjray.org rjray@...

        Silicon Valley Scale Modelers: http://www.svsm.org