Option to remote encapsulation from SOAP-ENV:Body ?

  • crndeignan
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 3, 2006
      Hi All,

      I'm sure I saw this in the documentation, but now I can't find it any
      more.
      I'm trying to connect to a web service built with JAX (apparently).
      I've been given an example of a request that works, and I'm trying
      to make Soap-lite generate a similar request.

      In the example that works, the SOAPAction identifies the method
      being called, and the SOAP:Body only contains the request parameters.
      How can I get SOAP::Lite to do the same thing.

      Thanks for any ideas,
      Ciaran
    • Eric Bridger
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 3, 2006
        I believe you can use the on_action() method. Eg. I used this to remove
        the SOAPAction header, but it could be used to override the default.

        $client = SOAP::Lite
        ->on_action( sub {return undef;})
        ->proxy( $proxy_uri);

        More info:
        http://search.cpan.org/~byrne/SOAP-Lite/lib/OldDocs/SOAP/Lite.pm

        On Tue, 2006-10-03 at 07:57, crndeignan wrote:

        > Hi All,
        >
        > I'm sure I saw this in the documentation, but now I can't find it any
        > more.
        > I'm trying to connect to a web service built with JAX (apparently).
        > I've been given an example of a request that works, and I'm trying
        > to make Soap-lite generate a similar request.
        >
        > In the example that works, the SOAPAction identifies the method
        > being called, and the SOAP:Body only contains the request parameters.
        > How can I get SOAP::Lite to do the same thing.
        >
        > Thanks for any ideas,
        > Ciaran

      • crndeignan
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 3, 2006
          --- In soaplite@yahoogroups.com, Eric Bridger <eric@...> wrote:

          > I believe you can use the on_action() method. Eg. I used this to remove
          > the SOAPAction header, but it could be used to override the default.
          >
          > $client = SOAP::Lite
          > ->on_action( sub {return undef;})
          > ->proxy( $proxy_uri);

          I've already defined an on_action() subroutine to remove the "#"
          between the URI and the method. But I need to keep the SoapAction
          header, otherwise the server would have no way of identifying the
          method I want to invoke.

          I've checked the doc again anyway, but on_action() only seems to
          infulence the SOAPAction

          Thanks anyway,
          Ciaran