Wide character problem in data returned by server

  • yahsjc
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 27, 2006
      I am trying to return some UTF-8 encoded data from a
      SOAP::Transport::HTTP::CGI based server and I am getting the following
      message in the SOAP fault:

      "Wide character in subroutine entry at
      /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.3/SOAP/Lite.pm line 250."

      The data I am returning is marked as UTF-8 from Perl's point of view
      (i.e. the UTF-8 flag is on, as reported by Encode::is_utf8()) and the
      problem seems to be related to serialization in some way. The server
      itself is very simple:

      SOAP::Transport::HTTP::CGI->dispatch_to('MDP::UserAPIDispatch')
      ->handle;

      but I'm baffled as to why I'm getting wide character problems here -
      as far as I understood it, SOAP::Lite assumed by default that the data
      returned by the server is UTF-8 and would handle it appropriately.

      Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong here, and how I can fix it ?

      Thanks.