ANN: SOAP::Lite v0.47 released

    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 22, 2001
      Glad to announce that new version of SOAP::Lite went live. New
      features:

      - fixed test issues
      - redesigned tests and split on core and optional for smooth
      installation
      - slightly modified COM interface
      minimal version is fixed to not require absent modules
      included examples in C# and PerlScript
      more documentation included, examples of handling hashes and arrays
      - added compression for HTTP transport
      - added mod_soap interface, add SOAP server functionality
      with couple of lines in .htaccess or httpd.conf file
      - added proper serialization of circular multiple references
      - added handling PIPE and INT signals in Daemon server implementation
      - added examples for cookie-based authorization
      - updated documentation and added new examples

      Little bit more about mod_soap feature. It allows you create SOAP
      server by simply adding .htaccess file in current directory that has
      something like:

      SetHandler perl-script
      PerlHandler Apache::SOAP
      PerlSetVar dispatch_to "/Your/Path/To/Deployed/Modules, Module::Name"

      In httpd.conf file you may also specify <Location> or
      <Files>/<FilesMatch>:

      <FilesMatch "\.soap$">
      SetHandler perl-script
      PerlHandler Apache::SOAP
      PerlSetVar dispatch_to "/Your/Path/To/Deployed/Modules, \
      Module::Name, Module::method"
      PerlSetVar options "compress_threshold => 10000"
      </FilesMatch>

      And any file with .soap extension becomes soap endpoint. SOAP hosting
      with mod_perl doesn't seem to be too cumbersome.

      Let me know if you have any questions, suggestions or find any
      problem. Enjoy!

    • Duncan Cameron
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 23, 2001
        Paul

        nmake test doesn't work on Win32 due to t/0*.t not being expanded into individual filenames. If the filenames are listed individually then it works fine.

        Regards,
        Duncan Cameron

        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 23, 2001
          Hi, Duncan!