how to catch fault message?

  • didi726tao
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 31, 2006
      $soap = SOAP::Lite
      -> uri('urn:SyncContactInfo')
      -> proxy($endpoint)
      -> encoding('iso-8859-1')
      -> syncContactInfo($tmpstring, $msgValue_elements);

      I am calling webservice this way. But sometimes the webservice is up
      but I can't get the call through and get the result back.

      How can I catch what the fault message here?
      Thanks a lot for your help!

      Marvin
    • Eric Bridger
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 31, 2006
        if ( $soap->fault() ) {
        print 'Error: - '
        . $soap->faultcode . '- '
        . $soap->faultstring . "\n";
        }

        You could also break up your call to check if the service is alive:

        $service = SOAP::Lite->proxy($proxy)->on_fault( sub { } );
        if ( !$service->is_success ) {
        print "Error\n";
        }