Location in spec that prohibits 'xml' element names?

  • barry_roomberg
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 29, 2006
      I have a vendor that is using 'xml' as their elemnt name.
      Being a SOAP newbie, they are unwilling to change anything on my
      say-so, especially since I'm try to access their MS server from my
      evil Perl/Linux box.

      So, can someone point me to the area in the specification that says
      this is illegal so I can show them? I can't find it, but then again,
      I can't claim to have really understood it all.

      Thanks
      Barry
    • Dave Howorth
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 29, 2006
        barry_roomberg wrote:
        > I have a vendor that is using 'xml' as their elemnt name.
        > Being a SOAP newbie, they are unwilling to change anything on my
        > say-so, especially since I'm try to access their MS server from my
        > evil Perl/Linux box.
        >
        > So, can someone point me to the area in the specification that says
        > this is illegal so I can show them? I can't find it, but then again,
        > I can't claim to have really understood it all.

        http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/REC-xml-20040204/#sec-common-syn

        Cheers, Dave
      • Mike South
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 29, 2006
          On 8/29/06, Dave Howorth <dhoworth@...> wrote:
          > barry_roomberg wrote:
          > > I have a vendor that is using 'xml' as their elemnt name.
          > > Being a SOAP newbie, they are unwilling to change anything on my
          > > say-so, especially since I'm try to access their MS server from my
          > > evil Perl/Linux box.
          > >
          > > So, can someone point me to the area in the specification that says
          > > this is illegal so I can show them? I can't find it, but then again,
          > > I can't claim to have really understood it all.
          >
          > http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/REC-xml-20040204/#sec-common-syn

          I don't know if I understood the question exactly, but when I read it
          I thought this was the relevant anchor:

          http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/REC-xml-20040204/#sec-logical-struct