not well-formed (invalid token)

  • Dave Howorth
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 18 1:45 AM
      I'm getting a transport error that reports:

      ... not well-formed (invalid token) ...

      As far as I understand it this is an error from the XML parser. I think
      it is complaining about the response from a call to one of my remote
      methods. The method returns a string that happens to be an HTML
      fragment. I dumped the HTTP::Response object and it seems SOAP::Lite
      puts this string in the response without any form of quoting/escaping:

      <soap:Body><nameResponse xmlns="/SCOP/Tree"><s-gensym91
      xsi:type="xsd:anyURI">Xanthobacter autotrophicus <a
      href="http://www.ncbi.nih.gov/Taxonomy/Browser/wwwtax.cgi?id=280&lvl=0">[TaxID:280]</a></s-gensym91></nameResponse></soap:Body>

      It seems to me that results would always need to encoded for transport
      but I haven't found anything yet by reading the SOAP::Lite documentation
      or googling.

      My client uses dispatch_from and the server uses dispatch_to, so my
      classes know nothing about SOAP. I can't see a suitable option for
      initializing SOAP::Lite.

      Thanks in advance,
      Dave