Serializing 'ArrayOf_xsd_string'

  • Vince Veselosky
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 13 12:22 PM
      I'm pulling my hair out here.

      I have a service, created from a WSDL, with a call signature (int,
      int, String[]). But when I pass it two integers and a reference to an
      array of strings, it says:

      Type 'ArrayOf_xsd_string' can't be found in a schema class
      'SOAP::Serializer'

      What's the catch here? Is there no default serializer for an array of
      strings (as opposed to an array of AnyType)? And if not, how do I
      create one?

      I tried searching the archives and googling this error message, and
      got zilch. Has no one seen this before?

      Any and all help appreciated,
      Vince
    • Scott Seely
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 14 6:50 AM
        IIRC, you need to take the WSDL and edit it to be AnyType. Your code should
        continue to work. I know that this means that you need to have a local copy
        of the WSDL instead of relying on the remote endpoint. This is recommended
        for SOAP::Lite anyhow when using the WSDL feature.

        Scott Seely
        Blog: http://friseton.blogspot.com
        Home page: http://www.scottseely.com

        I have a service, created from a WSDL, with a call signature (int, int,
        String[]). But when I pass it two integers and a reference to an array of
        strings, it says:

        Type 'ArrayOf_xsd_string' can't be found in a schema class
        'SOAP::Serializer'

        What's the catch here? Is there no default serializer for an array of
        strings (as opposed to an array of AnyType)? And if not, how do I create
        one?

        I tried searching the archives and googling this error message, and got
        zilch. Has no one seen this before?

        Any and all help appreciated,
        Vince

        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • Chris McMahon

          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 14 11:06 AM
            I get the same sort of errors when trying to work with campaigns.

            [Mon Aug 14 11:20:54 2006] [error] Type 'Campaign' can't be found in a
            schema class 'SOAP::Serializer'\n

            --- In soaplite@yahoogroups.com, "Chris McMahon"