How to define custom types

  • Roger
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 26, 2006
      Hi

      Is there any documentation on how to create a custom type for use
      with SOAP::Lite? I'm writing clients and servers with the module and
      all is fine, but my knowledge of exactly what is going on is shall
      we say ... sketchy.

      At present my server methods are returning values to the caller
      using statements such as;

      return SOAP::DATA->name('parametername'=>$parametervalue);

      What I'd like to do is extend this to be able to define my own
      arbitrary types such as;

      return SOAP::DATA->name('parametername'=>$parametervalue)->type
      ('mytype');

      But I'm unclear where to start.

      Any assistance appreciated.

      Regards