Re: [soaplite] SOAP::Lite and Apache 2.2.2

  • Jay A. Kreibich
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 14, 2006
      On Wed, Jun 14, 2006 at 10:59:30AM -0000, tyndyll scratched on the wall:
      > Hi All,
      >
      > after much frustration I come to the source in hope of enlightenment.
      >
      > Is it possible to run mod_soap on Apache 2.2.2? The mod_perl site
      > seems to indicate that only mod_perl2 runs on this version of the
      > server, but from what I can tell SOAP::Lite only works with mod_perl
      > in this way?
      >
      > ANY information appreciated. I have it working in the CGI directory,
      > but I would prefer to run it in this way. If its not possible so be
      > it but confirmation either way would be appreciated

      There was an unofficial patch floating around the list not long ago.
      You might want to check the archives.

      -j

      --
      Jay A. Kreibich | CommTech, Emrg Net Tech Svcs
      jak@... | Campus IT & Edu Svcs
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 15, 2006
        Thanks Jay,

        Found the patch and made the changes.

        For my own reference and for searching later a quick guide is

        1) Download SOAP::Lite from CPAN (0.67 at time of writing)
        2) Download patch from CPAN site (Bug #17412)

        Patch :
        http://rt.cpan.org/Ticket/Attachment/161340/50566/HTTP.pm.patch
        Bug Report :

        Update the source using the 'patch' command.

        3) Download patch from SOAP::Lite Sourceforge forums

        Forum Post :
        http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=11831037

        Copy the post at the *bottom*. Apply the patch to Makefile.PL

        4) Install Apache2::SOAP

      • Byrne Reese
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 15, 2006
          I just released a "private" update to this problem (0.68) at the
          following URL. I would love the community's assistance in testing it:

          http://www.majordojo.com/soaplite/SOAP-Lite-0.68.tar.gz