SOAP::Lite and Apache 2.2.2

  • tyndyll
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 14, 2006
      Hi All,

      after much frustration I come to the source in hope of enlightenment.

      Is it possible to run mod_soap on Apache 2.2.2? The mod_perl site
      seems to indicate that only mod_perl2 runs on this version of the
      server, but from what I can tell SOAP::Lite only works with mod_perl
      in this way?

      ANY information appreciated. I have it working in the CGI directory,
      but I would prefer to run it in this way. If its not possible so be
      it but confirmation either way would be appreciated

      Thanks

      Tyndyll
    • Jay A. Kreibich
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 14, 2006
        On Wed, Jun 14, 2006 at 10:59:30AM -0000, tyndyll scratched on the wall:
        > Hi All,
        >
        > after much frustration I come to the source in hope of enlightenment.
        >
        > Is it possible to run mod_soap on Apache 2.2.2? The mod_perl site
        > seems to indicate that only mod_perl2 runs on this version of the
        > server, but from what I can tell SOAP::Lite only works with mod_perl
        > in this way?
        >
        > ANY information appreciated. I have it working in the CGI directory,
        > but I would prefer to run it in this way. If its not possible so be
        > it but confirmation either way would be appreciated

        There was an unofficial patch floating around the list not long ago.
        You might want to check the archives.

        -j

        --
        Jay A. Kreibich | CommTech, Emrg Net Tech Svcs
        jak@... | Campus IT & Edu Svcs
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 15, 2006
          Thanks Jay,

          Found the patch and made the changes.

          For my own reference and for searching later a quick guide is

          1) Download SOAP::Lite from CPAN (0.67 at time of writing)
          2) Download patch from CPAN site (Bug #17412)

          Patch :
          http://rt.cpan.org/Ticket/Attachment/161340/50566/HTTP.pm.patch
          Bug Report :

          Update the source using the 'patch' command.

          3) Download patch from SOAP::Lite Sourceforge forums

          Forum Post :
          http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=11831037

          Copy the post at the *bottom*. Apply the patch to Makefile.PL

          4) Install Apache2::SOAP

        • Byrne Reese
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 15, 2006
            I just released a "private" update to this problem (0.68) at the
            following URL. I would love the community's assistance in testing it:

            http://www.majordojo.com/soaplite/SOAP-Lite-0.68.tar.gz