perl, soap lite, and memory leaks

  • Mike C
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 13, 2006

      Where I work, SOAP-Lite is well on its way to becoming a mission critical piece of our new telecom provisioning systems.  Overall, it is working like a dream for us, but for one particularly ugly exception -- memory leaks within our perl clients -- fast, and a lot.

      I do not know where within SOAP-Lite the problem is occurring, only that, every call to the SOAP endpoint will leak some memory. For now, we are having applications restart themselves at some interval, it is effective but crude (and irritating.)

      Our client boxes have Perl 5.8.5,  SOAP-Lite-0.67, XML-SAX-0.14.

      IIRC, I have read stuff about leaks maybe being in the libraries that SOAP-Lite uses. Is there some type of alternative parser/serializer/something that can be used to sidestep the leaks?

      Thanks for any insight,
      Mike C