SOAP::Lite misbehavior or bug

  • chrs_mcmhn
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 8, 2006
      I posted this on perlmonks, and thought this would also be a good
      place to ask:

      I have a Perl SOAP client that insists on sending

      <ConfirmUnsubscribes xsi:type="xsd:int">0</ConfirmUnsubscribes>

      which is rejected by the server with an error

      Fault: Validation constraint violation: data type mismatch xsd:int in
      element <ConfirmUnsubscribes>

      However, I have a Ruby SOAP client that is behaving exactly correctly
      when it interprets the WSDL and sends data that looks like:

      <ConfirmUnsubscribes
      xsi:type="n2:ConfirmUnsubEnum">0</ConfirmUnsubscribes>

      That is: the data type for "ConfirmUnsubscribes" is in fact a member
      of an array "ConfirmUnsubEnum" and is not necessarily an int (even
      though, ok, it's an int at heart)

      Can anyone suggest a way to either make the server less strict, or
      else to improve the WSDL-reading capability of the Perl SOAP client in
      SOAP::Lite?

      (The relevant part of the WSDL is:

      <simpleType name="ConfirmUnsubEnum">

      <restriction base="xsd:string">