Problem Accessing Java Web Service

  • Troy Bull
    Message 1 of 2 , May 23, 2006
      Hello

      I am new to web services and I am trying to access a web service that I
      wrote. If I use LWP and post raw xml it works (returns the expected
      results). The problem is I can't make SOAP::Lite work at all I have
      tried so many combinations of things I am truly at a loss.

      I have the following choices for SOAP Message Format : Document/Wrapped,
      Document/Literal, RPC/Literal, RPC/Encoded. Which of these do i want to
      use (I want which ever is simpler). I also have a choice of SOAP 1.1
      Binding and/or SOAP 1.2 Binding.

      I am usually pretty good at figuring stuff out but this one has me
      stumped I would much rather use SOAP to access my web services than raw
      LWP stuff.. My web server (Oracle OAS 10.1.3) has a built in test your
      web services web page that shows the XML before it submits it to the
      services. I currently have it setup for RPC/Literal and here is the XML
      that my web service wants/expects.

      xmlns:ns="http://cws/" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"
      xmlns:soapenc="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/">
      <soap:Body
      soap:encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/">
      <ns:encode>
      <param0 xsi:type="xsd:string">bull</param0>
      </ns:encode>
      </soap:Body>
      </soap:Envelope>

      This is the exact XML I post using LWP and it works from perl when done
      that way.

      If anyone could point me to an example or give me some tips on how to do
      this I would be very thankful.

      Thanks in advance
      Troy
    • Peter Sinnott
      Message 2 of 2 , May 23, 2006
        On Tue, May 23, 2006 at 08:38:34AM -0500, Troy Bull wrote:
        > Hello
        >
        > I am new to web services and I am trying to access a web service that I
        > wrote. If I use LWP and post raw xml it works (returns the expected
        > results). The problem is I can't make SOAP::Lite work at all I have
        > tried so many combinations of things I am truly at a loss.

        When you try to make SOAP::Lite work do you get any error messages?

        If you turn on logs do you see anything useful / unexpected?

        eg :

        use SOAP::Lite +trace => [qw(transport dispatch debug result parameters
        headers objects method fault freeform trace debug )];

        Peter

        --
        It is our job to continually facilitate error-free data in order to competently
        disseminate low-risk high-yield solutions because that is what the customer