Segmentation Fault (core dumped) when HTTPS

  • iadiezig
    Message 1 of 1 , May 21, 2006
      I have a very strange problem and I have no idea to solve this.

      I have:

      - Sun-Fire-V240 with Solaris 5.9 installed
      - SOAP-Lite Client/Server 0.67
      - Apache/2.2.2 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.2 OpenSSL/0.9.8a mod_perl/2.0.2

      PS: mod_perl and mod_ssl are statically compiled-in apache

      On the server are 3 important files:

      Test.pm: SOAP Server
      Dispatcher.pm: is in @INC; dispatch the requests to the Test.pm Module
      httpd.conf: Apache config file with

      package Test;
      sub GetStrings {
      return (

      package QIP::Dispatcher;
      use SOAP::Transport::HTTP;

      my $server = SOAP::Transport::HTTP::Apache
      -> dispatch_to('/opt/qip-WS/soap', 'Test');
      sub handler { $server->handler(@_) }

      <Location /qip>
      SetHandler perl-script
      PerlHandler QIP::Dispatcher

      Then I have a SOAP-Lite Client which invokes the GetStrings method on
      the server:
      #!/usr/local/bin/perl -w
      use SOAP::Lite +trace =>

      use SOAP::Lite
      on_fault => sub { my($soap, $res) = @_;
      die ref $res ? $res->faultstring : $soap->transport->status, "\n";

      my $soap = SOAP::Lite
      -> uri('urn:QIPv1')
      -> proxy('http://SB00796/qip');

      print "GetStrings:\t", join(" | ", $soap->GetStrings()-
      >paramsall), "\n";

      When I start this client (HTTP request), I receive the two strings
      from the server without any problem.

      And now to the problem:
      I configured my Apache webserver, that he can handle HTTPS Requests.
      For that I have signed the certificate myself. I have also tested
      HTTPS on that server with a browser. I can open an HTML site over the
      SSL connection without any problems. So far it works. This is my SSL
      configuration in the httpd.conf file:

      <IfModule ssl_module>
      # Note: The following must must be present to support
      # starting without SSL on platforms with no /dev/random equivalent
      # but a statically compiled-in mod_ssl.
      SSLRandomSeed startup builtin
      SSLRandomSeed connect builtin

      CoreDumpDirectory /opt/qip-WS/apache/core

      <VirtualHost _default_:443>
      # General setup for the virtual host
      DocumentRoot "/opt/qip-WS/apache/qip-ws-443"
      # SSL Virtual Host Context
      ErrorLog "/opt/qip-WS/apache/logs/error_log"
      TransferLog "/opt/qip-WS/apache/logs/access_log"
      # SSL Engine Switch:
      # Enable/Disable SSL for this virtual host.
      SSLEngine on
      # SSL Cipher Suite:
      # List the ciphers that the client is permitted to negotiate.
      # See the mod_ssl documentation for a complete list.
      SSLCipherSuite ALL:!ADH:!
      # Server Certificate:
      SSLCertificateFile "/opt/qip-WS/apache/conf/ssl.crt/qip-ws-
      # Server Private Key:
      SSLCertificateKeyFile /opt/qip-WS/apache/conf/ssl.key/qip-ws-
      <FilesMatch "\.(cgi|shtml|phtml|php)$">
      SSLOptions +StdEnvVars

      BrowserMatch ".*MSIE.*" \
      nokeepalive ssl-unclean-shutdown \

      <Directory "/opt/qip-WS/apache/qip-ws-443">
      Options FollowSymLinks Indexes
      Allow from all
      Order allow,deny
      AllowOverride None

      <Directory "/opt/qip-WS/apache/cgi-bin">
      SSLOptions +StdEnvVars

      When I start again my client with (https instead of http)
      -> proxy('https://SB00796/qip');

      I will receive the following output (client in trace all mode):

      SOAP::Transport::new: ()
      SOAP::Serializer::new: ()
      SOAP::Deserializer::new: ()
      SOAP::Parser::new: ()
      SOAP::Lite::new: ()
      SOAP::Lite::new: ()
      SOAP::Transport::HTTP::Client::new: ()
      SOAP::Lite::call: ()
      SOAP::Serializer::envelope: ()
      SOAP::Serializer::envelope: GetStrings
      SOAP::Data::new: ()
      SOAP::Data::new: ()
      SOAP::Data::new: ()
      SOAP::Data::new: ()
      SOAP::Transport::HTTP::Client::send_receive: HTTP::Request=HASH
      SOAP::Transport::HTTP::Client::send_receive: POST https://SB00796/qip
      Accept: text/xml
      Accept: multipart/*
      Accept: application/soap
      SOAPAction: "urn:QIPv1#GetStrings"

      <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><soap:Envelope
      Strings xmlns="urn:QIPv1"
      xsi:nil="true" /></soap:Body></soap:Envelope>
      Segmentation Fault (core dumped)

      After the client has send the soap request there is an Segmentation
      Fault (core dumped). I can't see anywhere a core dump file on my
      system. Apache still works after the core dump.

      Has anybody an idea what is wrong in my solution? I spent a lot of
      time to find out what it could be, but without any success :-(

      If you want more information please request them.