Re: Performance?

  • rclauer@voicenet.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 22, 2001
      >You din't name your OS,
      > but on my Win98 CGI script runs about one second, which is not
      > exactly what I'm looking for. With mod_perl, Apache::Registry or
      > daemon situation is little bit different, about 10 times better. I
      > got reports about ~20ms (twenty) for CGI implementation, which is
      not
      > bad. I'm working on it (and performance was slightly increased), but
      > there is not much I can do. Any suggestions? Ideas?

      Linux (Mandrake 7.2 actually) and it takes 4-5 seconds to run a hello
      world on localhost. I suspect my setup is "wonky" if you are getting
      that kind of performance...I'll chalk it up to my machine, an upgrade
      is in the works anyway.

      BTW, great work. This is pretty amazing stuff. Thanks!
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 22, 2001
        Glad to announce that new version of SOAP::Lite went live. New
        features:

        - fixed test issues
        - redesigned tests and split on core and optional for smooth
        installation
        - slightly modified COM interface
        minimal version is fixed to not require absent modules
        included examples in C# and PerlScript
        more documentation included, examples of handling hashes and arrays
        - added compression for HTTP transport
        - added mod_soap interface, add SOAP server functionality
        with couple of lines in .htaccess or httpd.conf file
        - added proper serialization of circular multiple references
        - added handling PIPE and INT signals in Daemon server implementation
        - added examples for cookie-based authorization
        - updated documentation and added new examples

        Little bit more about mod_soap feature. It allows you create SOAP
        server by simply adding .htaccess file in current directory that has
        something like:

        SetHandler perl-script
        PerlHandler Apache::SOAP
        PerlSetVar dispatch_to "/Your/Path/To/Deployed/Modules, Module::Name"

        In httpd.conf file you may also specify <Location> or
        <Files>/<FilesMatch>:

        <FilesMatch "\.soap$">
        SetHandler perl-script
        PerlHandler Apache::SOAP
        PerlSetVar dispatch_to "/Your/Path/To/Deployed/Modules, \
        Module::Name, Module::method"
        PerlSetVar options "compress_threshold => 10000"
        </FilesMatch>

        And any file with .soap extension becomes soap endpoint. SOAP hosting
        with mod_perl doesn't seem to be too cumbersome.

        Let me know if you have any questions, suggestions or find any
        problem. Enjoy!

      • Duncan Cameron
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 23, 2001
          Paul

          nmake test doesn't work on Win32 due to t/0*.t not being expanded into individual filenames. If the filenames are listed individually then it works fine.

          Regards,
          Duncan Cameron

          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 23, 2001
            Hi, Duncan!