Problems getting SOAP::SOM or workarounds

  • Kate Yoak
    Message 1 of 2 , May 13, 2006
      I am using SOAP::Lite version 0.6 and cannot upgrade - because newer
      versions break complextypes in the application I am using.

      my $soap = SOAP::Lite->service('...');
      my $result = $soap->my_method(@param);

      Many people have pointed out that despite what the docs say, the
      result is not a SOAP::SOM object. want_som is not a function
      implemented within my version of soap::lite.

      In case of an error, we die with raw xml, otherwise we have the
      datastructure built based on the xml.

      Alternatively, I tried
      my $result = $soap->call(my_method=>@params);

      Then I get
      Transport is not specified (using proxy() method or service description)

      Rewriting the above to $soap=SOAP::Lite->proxy('...');
      and using $soap->call, I get the same problem.

      So how in the world can I get the SOAP::SOM object so i could decipher
      the fault? Thanks for the help.
    • Eric Bridger
      Message 2 of 2 , May 15, 2006
        Perhaps you need a uri as well when using the proxy method.

        I think I remember using want_som(1) in version .6 but can't test it
        now.

        I don't understand how new versions would "break" complex types.