Re: base64Binary SOAP::Lite problem with Apache Axis

  • nodens2k2k
    Message 1 of 2 , May 8, 2006
      I am experiencing the same problem. Does anybody know a workaround to
      this?

      Also, I have some production clients, and I would like to maintain
      compatibility with them, at least by now. Does somebody know if there
      is any way to tell Axis to use a format that SOAP::Lite could understand?

      Thanks,
      Rodrigo

      --- In soaplite@yahoogroups.com, "Steve Piercey" <PIERCEY@...> wrote:

      > I'm using SOAP::Lite 0.66.1 as a client (though it fails with other
      > releases) and having a problem receiving byte arrays from an
      > Apache Axis server.
      > I'm using Axis v1.3 and it appears that the SOAP::Lite
      "base64Binary" is no
      > longer working.
      > I get a message "Unrecognized type
      > '{http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/}base64Binary'"
      > If I go back to v1.1 everything works correctly. I am using the '2001'
      > schema by SOAP::Lite ... , xmlschema => '2001'
      > I've included the response envelope from the two different versions.
      > NOTE the <getGrahicReturn 'xsi:type=..."> difference. Shouldn't
      SOAP::Lite
      > be able to handle the newer soap encoding schema?
      >
      > Thanks
      > Steve
      >

      > Axis v1.1
      > ------------------------------------
      > <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
      > <soapenv:Envelope
      > xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"><soapenv:Body>
      >
      > <ns1:getGraphicResponse
      > soapenv:encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/"
      > xmlns:ns1="urn:Xpp">
      > <ns1:getGraphicReturn xsi:type="xsd:base64Binary">

      JSFQUy1BZG9iZS0zLjAgRVBTRi0zLjAKCiUlQm91bmRpbmdCb3g6IDUgNSAxMDUgMTA1CjEwIHNl
      > dGxp

      bmV3aWR0aAoxMCAxMCBtb3ZldG8KMCA5MCBybGluZXRvIDkwIDAgcmxpbmV0byAwIC05MCBybGlu
      > ZXRv

      IGNsb3NlcGF0aApzdHJva2U=</ns1:getGraphicReturn></ns1:getGraphicResponse></so
      > apenv:Body></soapenv:Envelope>
      >
      > Axis v1.3
      > <soapenv:Envelope
      > xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"><soapenv:Body>
      >
      > <ns1:getGraphicResponse
      > soapenv:encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/"
      > xmlns:ns1="urn:Xpp">
      > <getGraphicReturn xsi:type="soapenc:base64Binary"
      > xmlns:soapenc="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/">

      JSFQUy1BZG9iZS0zLjAgRVBTRi0zLjAKCiUlQm91bmRpbmdCb3g6IDUgNSAxMDUgMTA1CjEwIHNl
      > dGxp

      bmV3aWR0aAoxMCAxMCBtb3ZldG8KMCA5MCBybGluZXRvIDkwIDAgcmxpbmV0byAwIC05MCBybGlu
      > ZXRv

      IGNsb3NlcGF0aApzdHJva2U=</getGraphicReturn></ns1:getGraphicResponse></soapen