Interoperability between SOAP::Lite versions (anyURI problems)

  • Alex Tang
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 25 11:59 PM
      Hi folks.

      We've got a cilent-server system with a couple hundred clients running
      various versions of SOAP::Lite in the 0.60 timeframe.

      We're trying to upgrade our server to the latest S::L (0.67).

      In one of the client-server calls, we send back a datastructure that
      looks like this:

      { code => 1,
      message => 'some message text',
      data => [ '<xml>',
      '<url>http://foo.bar</url>
      ]
      }

      (a hashref where the 'data' element is an arrayref of strings. Each
      string is a line in an XML file).

      One problem i'm having is that I'm getting an error on the server that
      says:

      Error: soap:Client, Can't use string ("as_anyURI") as a subroutine ref
      while "strict refs" in use at /path/...

      I added a 'no strict "refs"' line, but then i started getting:

      Error: soap:Client, Type 'anyURI' can't be found in a schema
      class 'SOAP::Serializer

      I looked around on the archives and found various messages about the
      anyURI type autodetection thing that seems to be causing the problem.

      someone said that there was a bug that required the client and server
      to be the same version.

      I hope this isn't really the case because that'd mean we will never be
      able to upgrade S::L in our deployments since older versions of our
      product use S::L 0.60 and since we can't upgrade the server, new
      versions of the product will need to use 0.60 as well.

      Does anyone have any suggestions about how to make this work?

      thanks.

      ...alex...