Question regarding complex types and document/literal

  • Peter Grace
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 18 8:19 PM
      Hello group!

      I've been trying to get SOAP::Lite to access a particular site that has
      document/literal return, but I just get the "EXPERIMENTAL" warning and
      no output. So, I set about writing an adapter in NuSOAP (php) such that
      I could return an array back to SOAP::Lite with the data from the
      endpoint. I know it's kludgey, but it's a learning process for me all
      around, trying to get SOAP::Lite to behave (or get me to behave more
      like SOAP::Lite would prefer)

      So my problem is thusly:

      pgrace@fmmud:~/perl$ perl soapie.pl
      Unrecognized type '{http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema}Quote'
      <?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?><SOAP-ENV:Envelope
      xmlns:SOAP-ENC="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/"><SOAP-ENV:Body><ns1:getStockQuoteResponse
      xmlns:ns1="urn:quoteWrapper"><return
      xsi:type="xsd:Quote">Array</return></ns1:getStockQuoteResponse></SOAP-ENV:Body></SOAP-ENV:Envelope>
      at soapie.pl line 8

      source for soapie.pl:
      use SOAP::Lite;

      my $s = new SOAP::Lite
      ->
      service('http://soap.fierymoon.com/quoteWrapper.php?wsdl');
      my $QuoteTicker = 'IBM';
      print $s->getStockQuote($QuoteTicker);

      Can anyone shed some light on what I'm doing wrong? As far as my
      knowledge of SOAP goes, my complexType's definition is valid and
      correctly formed...?

      Thanks,

      Peter Grace