Re: [soaplite] ComplexType failure

  • Eric Bridger
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 11, 2006
      I would not worry about using a type of IntegerArray. Just use the name
      of 'IntegerArray' which in the xml below is simply an array of int.

      SOAP::Data->name('IntegerArray' => [1,2,3]);

      SOAP::Lite will add the proper xsd:int[3] type stuff for you.

      If you must use a type of IntegerArray you will need to add the
      namespace where the xsd defining that is.

      Eric

      On Tue, 2006-04-11 at 02:07, Kate Yoak wrote:
      > I apologize for the newbie question. This is my first attempt at
      > implementing a soap client. After looking through much here and
      > elsewhere, I am still stuck with something very simple: how do I send
      > a ComplexType parameter to a server?
      >
      > <xsd:complexType name="IntegerArray">
      > <xsd:complexContent>
      > <xsd:restriction base="soapenc:Array">
      > <xsd:attribute wsdl:arrayType="xsd:int[]"
      > ref="soapenc:arrayType"/>
      > </xsd:restriction>
      > </xsd:complexContent>
      > </xsd:complexType>
      >

      > In various articles, I found that one should use SOAP::Data to
      > construct the datatype. So in a method which requires an IntegerArray
      > parameter, I send SOAP::Data->type(IntegerArray=>[1,2,3]). I have
      > also tried using SOAP::Data->name instead of type.
      >
      > The error I am getting is:
      >
      > Type 'IntegerArray' can't be found in a schema class 'SOAP::Serializer'
      >
      > It occurs right after SOAP::Transport::HTTP::Client::new: ()
      >
      > Thanks for your help and sorry again for posting something which has
      > to be so simple...
      >

      > Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Ted Zeng
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 11, 2006
        Hi,

        I have a web service using SOAP::Lite on a Mac OS X machine.
        When the SOAP server receives a call, it should delete some files and
        Do an application installation.

        But the perl script could not remove any file. Is there some configuration
        In apache server that will allow me to do this?

        Ted Zeng
      • Aaron Couts
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 12, 2006
          Ted,
          This is most likely a permissions issue.  Apache generally runs as the apache user, and it doesn't have write access to most of the files on the filesystem.  A good way to see this is to temporarily change your program to create a file in the /tmp directory, and then check out the file ownership of that file.  You may need to set custom ownership or permissions on your scripts working directories.
          -Aaron
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 12, 2006
            Re: [soaplite] A Question
            -rw-r--r--   1 www   zeng  1699 Apr 11 23:37 psut.log

            The user is ‘www’. You are right. I just changed the directory and could remove the file.
            Now, to make life easier, I would like to change the User in apache to my name.
            I hope this will solve all the problems. I need to work with many directories. Changing them one by one
            Is quite a headache.

            Anyone knows how to find out the group the user is in on OS X?
            “ls –lg “ on OS X doesn’t show the group name.

            Thanks,

            Ted zeng

            But even I set the
            On 4/12/06 9:01 AM, "Aaron Couts" <aaron_couts@...> wrote:

            Ted,
            This is most likely a permissions issue.  Apache generally runs as the apache user, and it doesn't have write access to most of the files on the filesystem.  A good way to see this is to temporarily change your program to create a file in the /tmp directory, and then check out the file ownership of that file.  You may need to set custom ownership or permissions on your scripts working directories.
            -Aaron

            I have a web service using SOAP::Lite on a Mac  OS X machine.
            When the SOAP server receives a call, it should delete some  files and
            Do an application installation.

            But the perl script could  not remove any file. Is there some configuration
            In apache server that will  allow me to do this?

            Ted Zeng

            YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

          • Ted Zeng
            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 12, 2006
              Re: [soaplite] A Question I found the answer to my question.
              There is a “groups” command.

              I changed the User and Group on apache and everything works so far.
              Thanks!!!

              I used to do the same thing on a Windows machine. There was never a problem.
              So I was lost yesterday.

              Ted zeng

              On 4/12/06 11:13 AM, "Ted Zeng" <zeng@...> wrote:

[...]

              Protocol analyzer <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Protocol+analyzer&w1=Protocol+analyzer&w2=Ssl+protocol&w3=Protocol+converter&w4=Sip+protocol&w5=Protocol+analysis&w6=Protocol&c=6&s=120&.sig=-vNi0F9sGxz3wJiUypOlsA>   Ssl protocol <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Ssl+protocol&w1=Protocol+analyzer&w2=Ssl+protocol&w3=Protocol+converter&w4=Sip+protocol&w5=Protocol+analysis&w6=Protocol&c=6&s=120&.sig=QcUDWIbIdXkmz4QSFhqszw>   Protocol converter <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Protocol+converter&w1=Protocol+analyzer&w2=Ssl+protocol&w3=Protocol+converter&w4=Sip+protocol&w5=Protocol+analysis&w6=Protocol&c=6&s=120&.sig=8MMcEvfzdk5saYSJv-2g3g>

              Sip protocol <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Sip+protocol&w1=Protocol+analyzer&w2=Ssl+protocol&w3=Protocol+converter&w4=Sip+protocol&w5=Protocol+analysis&w6=Protocol&c=6&s=120&.sig=X7aZ6IACnEQUtAC57u829w>   Protocol analysis <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Protocol+analysis&w1=Protocol+analyzer&w2=Ssl+protocol&w3=Protocol+converter&w4=Sip+protocol&w5=Protocol+analysis&w6=Protocol&c=6&s=120&.sig=SI1LEHwb69y6gddZAv_Fuw>   Protocol <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Protocol&w1=Protocol+analyzer&w2=Ssl+protocol&w3=Protocol+converter&w4=Sip+protocol&w5=Protocol+analysis&w6=Protocol&c=6&s=120&.sig=aCiMFP0b3kFn96wqrZacGA>

              YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS