Removing SOAPAction header

  • fdpgp
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 4, 2006
      I am using SOAP::Lite 0.67 for the first time (as well as Perl).

      I am trying to call a web service which doesn't like SOAPAction
      header, but works ok without it (tried it with wget).

      Is there any way to completely remove SOAPAction header from SOAP
      request using SOAP::Lite?

      Thank you.
    • Eric Bridger
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 4, 2006
        See the on_action() method.
        http://www.majordojo.com/soaplite/docs/SOAP/Lite.html#OVERVIEW_OF_CLASSES_AND_PACKAGES

        E.g.
        $client = SOAP::Lite
        ->default_ns('urn:somenamespace')
        # To remove the HTTP SOAPAction header or define a new one.
        ->on_action( sub { return ''; })
        ->proxy('http://www.server.com/soap');

        On Tue, 2006-04-04 at 09:44, fdpgp wrote:
        > I am using SOAP::Lite 0.67 for the first time (as well as Perl).
        >
        > I am trying to call a web service which doesn't like SOAPAction
        > header, but works ok without it (tried it with wget).
        >
        > Is there any way to completely remove SOAPAction header from SOAP
        > request using SOAP::Lite?
        >
        > Thank you.
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • fdpgp
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 4, 2006
          Thanks for your response. It was the first thing I tried, but the
          result is an empty value for
          the SOAPAction header which still appears in the request.

          ---
          SOAP::Transport::HTTP::Client::send_receive: HTTP::
          Request=HASH(0x1037f9f0)
          SOAP::Transport::HTTP::Client::send_receive: POST http://... HTTP/1.1
          Accept: text/xml
          Accept: multipart/*
          Accept: application/soap
          SOAPAction:

          <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><soap:Envelope xmlns:xsi="http:/
          /www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:soapenc="http://schemas.
          xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/
          XMLSchema" soap:encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/
          encoding/" xmlns:soap="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/
          "><soap:Header><hr:Control xmlns:hr="http://...
          ---

          Does anyone know a way to keep SOAPAction header from appearing on the
          request?

          Thanks.

          --- In soaplite@yahoogroups.com, Eric Bridger <eric@...> wrote:

          > See the on_action() method.
          > http://www.majordojo.com/soaplite/docs/SOAP/Lite.
          html#OVERVIEW_OF_CLASSES_AND_PACKAGES

          > E.g.
          > $client = SOAP::Lite
          > ->default_ns('urn:somenamespace')
          > # To remove the HTTP SOAPAction header or define a new one.
          > ->on_action( sub { return ''; })
          > ->proxy('http://www.server.com/soap');
          >

          > On Tue, 2006-04-04 at 09:44, fdpgp wrote:
          > > I am using SOAP::Lite 0.67 for the first time (as well as Perl).
          > >
          > > I am trying to call a web service which doesn't like SOAPAction
          > > header, but works ok without it (tried it with wget).
          > >
          > > Is there any way to completely remove SOAPAction header from SOAP
          > > request using SOAP::Lite?
          > >
          > > Thank you.
          > >

          > > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Eric Bridger
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 4, 2006
            O.K. Try: on_action( sub {return undef;})

            This worked for me.

            Eric

            On Tue, 2006-04-04 at 11:06, fdpgp wrote:
            > Thanks for your response. It was the first thing I tried, but the
            > result is an empty value for
            > the SOAPAction header which still appears in the request.
            >
            > ---
            > SOAP::Transport::HTTP::Client::send_receive: HTTP::
            > Request=HASH(0x1037f9f0)
            > SOAP::Transport::HTTP::Client::send_receive: POST http://... HTTP/1.1
            > Accept: text/xml
            > Accept: multipart/*
            > Accept: application/soap
            > SOAPAction:
            >
            > <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><soap:Envelope xmlns:xsi="http:/
            > /www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:soapenc="http://schemas.
            > xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/
            > XMLSchema" soap:encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/
            > encoding/" xmlns:soap="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/
            > "><soap:Header><hr:Control xmlns:hr="http://...
            > ---
            >
            > Does anyone know a way to keep SOAPAction header from appearing on the
            > request?
            >
            > Thanks.
            >

            > --- In soaplite@yahoogroups.com, Eric Bridger <eric@...> wrote:
            > >
            > > See the on_action() method.
            > > http://www.majordojo.com/soaplite/docs/SOAP/Lite.
            > html#OVERVIEW_OF_CLASSES_AND_PACKAGES
            > >
            > > E.g.
            > > $client = SOAP::Lite
            > > ->default_ns('urn:somenamespace')
            > > # To remove the HTTP SOAPAction header or define a new one.
            > > ->on_action( sub { return ''; })
            > > ->proxy('http://www.server.com/soap');
            > >

            > > On Tue, 2006-04-04 at 09:44, fdpgp wrote:
            > > > I am using SOAP::Lite 0.67 for the first time (as well as Perl).
            > > >
            > > > I am trying to call a web service which doesn't like SOAPAction
            > > > header, but works ok without it (tried it with wget).
            > > >
            > > > Is there any way to completely remove SOAPAction header from SOAP
            > > > request using SOAP::Lite?
            > > >
            > > > Thank you.
            > > >

            > > > Yahoo! Groups Links

            > Yahoo! Groups Links