Re: [soaplite] axis client and Soap::Lite server example?

  • paulb
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 30, 2006
      Richard,

      I only just saw your email. I noticed the Perl program method and
      arguments were different from the Java program.

      The Java program should have something like this:

      15 call.setOperationName(new QName("Foobar/widgetMaker",
      "getWidgets"));
      17 String ret = (String) call.invoke( new Object[] { "var1",
      "var2", "var3" } );

      Cheers
      He who slings mud generally loses ground.
      -- Adlai Stevenson
      Paul Bizannes
    • Richard N. Fogle
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 2, 2006
        Thank you very much!  Just as I was debugging my first WSDL.  That worked perfectly, I can return to the back-end programming now!  It's amusing sometimes, we sysadmin/perl types tend to go learn just enough to get something done so we can get back to the "real" work (ahem, HTML), and I frustratingly found out that isn't all that possible with WSDL.  Perhaps we'll see something like this for Foo::Bar type web services:

        my $soap = SOAP::Lite
            -> uri(Foo/bar)
            -> proxy(http://ws.mydomain.com/ws);

        my $wsdl = $soap->magicWSDL("poof");