Re: Newbie help. Err: Can't call method "name" without a package or object

  • sainttim1
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 15 10:43 AM
      Hi Eric,
      Thanks for the ideas. I still get the same error, with the code now looking like:

      sub soapGet(){
      my $service = SOAP::Lite
      -> service('http://ip/Info.asmx?WSDL');
      $service -> want_som(1);
      my $som = $service -> GetHospitalInfo();

      if ($som->fault) {
      print "SOAP FAULT:\n";
      print Dumper $som;
      exit;
      }

      Any other ideas?
      Thanks!

      --- In soaplite@yahoogroups.com, Eric Bridger <eric@...> wrote:

      > Quite a few changes between .60 and .67. Try the changes in-line below.
      >
      > On Wed, 2006-03-15 at 06:53, sainttim1 wrote:
      > > Hi!
      > > I keep gettng the error:
      > >
      > > document/literal support is EXPERIMENTAL in SOAP::Lite at /Library/Per
      > > +l/5.8.6/SOAP/Lite.pm line 2818.
      > > Can't call method "name" without a package or object reference at /Lib
      > > +rary/Perl/5.8.6/SOAP/Lite.pm line 2980.
      > >
      > > With the following Soap function:
      > > sub soapGet(){
      > > my $service = SOAP::Lite
      > > -> service('http://ip/Info.asmx?WSDL');
      > $service->want_som(1);
      > > my $som = $service -> GetHospitalInfo();
      > > # my $som = $service -> call;
      > >
      > > if ($som->fault) {
      > > print "SOAP FAULT:\n";
      > > print Dumper $som;
      > > exit;
      > > }
      > > This code runs great on one box running Perl 5.8.1 and Soap Lite .60, and on the
      other I
      > > keep getting the above error with Perl 5.8.6 and Soap Lite .67.
      > > I originally wrote the code on 5.8.1 and Soap .60, and it was fairly troublefree. But
      porting
      > > it to a new server to replace the old, with the latest perl and soap, has cause the
      above.
      > > Any ideas?
      > > Many thanks
      > >

      > > Yahoo! Groups Links

    • sainttim1
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 15 11:11 AM
        Don't sweat this anymore. Rather than using CPAN which grabs the .67 version, I hit the
        soaplite site, got .6, and installed it. I don't need .67 for anything that .6 can't do. Thanks
        for the help on this! Figured there was one line missing to set some backward
        compatibility, but guess it was all about the downgrade.