Re: [soaplite] memory leak

  • Byrne Reese
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 13, 2006
      Yes. Yes it should.

      Damn.

      This could be the root cause of this long known issue. Wow.

      Ollie Cook wrote:
      > On Mon, 2006-03-13 at 12:58 -0800, Byrne Reese wrote:
      >
      >> That object is to track whether an object has been parsed or not to
      >> avoid circular/infinite loops in processes href references. Make sense?
      >>

      > Should the hash be cleared, then, after each successful parse of an XML
      > response?
      >
      > At the moment it is growing between requests. If the XML returned is
      > sufficiently different on each iteration, the memory consumption grows
      > quite rapidly.
      >
      > Ollie

    • Ollie Cook
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 14, 2006
        On Mon, 2006-03-13 at 21:00 +0000, Ollie Cook wrote:
        > On Mon, 2006-03-13 at 12:58 -0800, Byrne Reese wrote:
        > > That object is to track whether an object has been parsed or not to
        > > avoid circular/infinite loops in processes href references. Make sense?
        >
        > Should the hash be cleared, then, after each successful parse of an XML
        > response?
        >
        > At the moment it is growing between requests. If the XML returned is
        > sufficiently different on each iteration, the memory consumption grows
        > quite rapidly.
        >
        > Ollie

        Having instrumented this further today, I can say that the problem is
        not in SOAP::Lite but rather XML::SAX (which I use through XML::Simple)
        as a deserializer. If I switch to using XML::Parser (my XML is generally
        quite small, so the trade-off is OK) rather than XML::SAX the resident
        size of the process does not grow.

        Byrne, you're off the hook! :)

        Ollie

        --
        Ollie Cook
        UNIX Scripter

        Direct Line: 020 8834 8128
        Waterfront | Hammersmith Embankment | Chancellors Road London | W6 9HP