Re: [soaplite] memory leak

  • Ollie Cook
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 13, 2006
      On Mon, 2006-03-13 at 12:58 -0800, Byrne Reese wrote:
      > That object is to track whether an object has been parsed or not to
      > avoid circular/infinite loops in processes href references. Make sense?

      Should the hash be cleared, then, after each successful parse of an XML
      response?

      At the moment it is growing between requests. If the XML returned is
      sufficiently different on each iteration, the memory consumption grows
      quite rapidly.

      Ollie
      --
      Ollie Cook
      UNIX Scripter

      Direct Line: 020 8834 8128
      Waterfront | Hammersmith Embankment | Chancellors Road London | W6 9HP
    • Byrne Reese
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 13, 2006
        Yes. Yes it should.

        Damn.

        This could be the root cause of this long known issue. Wow.

        Ollie Cook wrote:
        > On Mon, 2006-03-13 at 12:58 -0800, Byrne Reese wrote:
        >
        >> That object is to track whether an object has been parsed or not to
        >> avoid circular/infinite loops in processes href references. Make sense?
        >>

        > Should the hash be cleared, then, after each successful parse of an XML
        > response?
        >
        > At the moment it is growing between requests. If the XML returned is
        > sufficiently different on each iteration, the memory consumption grows
        > quite rapidly.
        >
        > Ollie

      • Ollie Cook
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 14, 2006
          On Mon, 2006-03-13 at 21:00 +0000, Ollie Cook wrote:
          > On Mon, 2006-03-13 at 12:58 -0800, Byrne Reese wrote:
          > > That object is to track whether an object has been parsed or not to
          > > avoid circular/infinite loops in processes href references. Make sense?
          >
          > Should the hash be cleared, then, after each successful parse of an XML
          > response?
          >
          > At the moment it is growing between requests. If the XML returned is
          > sufficiently different on each iteration, the memory consumption grows
          > quite rapidly.
          >
          > Ollie

          Having instrumented this further today, I can say that the problem is
          not in SOAP::Lite but rather XML::SAX (which I use through XML::Simple)
          as a deserializer. If I switch to using XML::Parser (my XML is generally
          quite small, so the trade-off is OK) rather than XML::SAX the resident
          size of the process does not grow.

          Byrne, you're off the hook! :)

          Ollie