COM SOAP.Lite decode error

  • smithjeremyjohn
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 11 12:21 PM
      Hi All,

      I'm working on a SOAP client for a Unix server running Apache, Perl
      and SOAP::Lite. The Perl w/ SOAP::Lite client works just fine.
      However, I'm also trying to complete a VB client using the SOAP.Lite
      COM object..

      The server returns an array. The Perl client is happy with it and
      presents the data. The SOAP.Lite COM object throws error 9. The
      following are the details:

      Unrecognized/unsupported format of arrayType
      attribute '{http://xml.apache.org/xml-soap}SOAPStruct[1]'
      [...Sniped the XML...]
      at /PerlApp/PerlCOM.pm line 660

      I've done a trace, comparing the XML sent by the Perl and VB clients,
      plus the responses sent by the server. As far as I can tell, they
      look identical.

      Perl Client: ActivePerl, v5.8.7 build 815 built for MSWin32-x86-multi-
      thread
      SOAP::Lite v55.0.1
      URI v1.35.0.0
      XML-Parser v2.34.0.1

      VB Client: MS Visual Basic for Applications v6.0
      Soap.Lite COM Standalone 0.65v

      Any ideas on why the Perl client is able to parse the array and not
      the VB client?

      Thank you in advance for any information.

      Jeremy