VB.NET client, SOAP::Lite service, complex types..

  • bogusexception
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1, 2006
      Group,

      VB.NET 2003 client...
      Perl SOAP::Lite client...
      Apache configured as CGI...

      Sending strings and arrays from .NET to SOAP::Lite is fine.
      No data returned to VB.NET is processed.

      I completely suspect namespaces to be the culprit, but have no way to
      troubleshoot as I can't get ANY data our of the proxy code on
      the .NET client created from the WSDL. For example:

      [...]
      Dim results() As Object = Me.Invoke("exOp", New Object() {param1,
      param2})
      Return CType(results(0), ResultStruct)
      [...]

      2 parameters are passed to the web service, and ResultStruct is a
      class with a string and a complexType that has an integer and string
      for each element.

      Has anyone some code that shows how to make SOAP::Lite craft a
      response that .NET parses with no trouble? I'd love to have it as
      complex, but at this point anything would be of extreme value.

      Also, through all my hours of searching, I've seen the need for this
      come up over and over again, but I have yet to see a fully working
      example. I promise that when I get SOAP::Lite working with .NET 2003
      with complex and simple types that I will post all parts of the
      solution in their entirety in the hopes that it will help someone in
      future avoid this effort.

      Your help and contribution is appreciated by many more than just me!

      pat
      :)