RE: [soaplite] Doc/literal support

  • Colin Magee
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 17, 2006

      Any news or views on this?   Are there any known workarounds?

      It’s the third time I’ve asked the question on this list with no reply.  Is it a stupid question?

      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 17, 2006
        You haven't provided much information.

        I can't say that I'm sure I understand all the issues re:
        Document/literal vs. RPC/literal, etc. but I thoght this primarily
        affects WSDLs?

        My first SOAP::Lite client accessed a Systinet Java service which used
        the Document/literal. It was a difficult learning experience but I did
        succeed, both rolling my own requests using SOAP::Data objects and then
        in using stubmaker.pl on the WSDL and then modifying the resulting
        SERVER.pm, adding the needed namespaces and filling out the method
        signatures.

        So it can be done.

        Eric

        P.S. Here's some code from that effort to give you the idea.
        ==========================
        my $service = SOAP::Lite
        ->proxy('http://...');

        # Use $service->call() method so we can put the 'api' namespace in the
        ENVELOPE body
        my $method = SOAP::Data
        ->name($method_name)
        ->prefix('tns')
        ->uri('http://systinet.com/wsdl/gov/nwis/api/');

        # Use SOAP::Data as params to prefix the paramter name siteNoString with
        the proper namespace prefix.
        # a) We have a simple type <siteNoString>'siteNo_string'</p0> of string.
        # c) Make sure the paramter names use the right namespace prefix.
        my $params =
        SOAP::Data
        ->name( 'tns:siteNoString' => $site_no)
        ->type('string')
        ;

        # Pass the both method and params to the service.
        my $response = $service->call($method
        => $params
        );