Doc/literal support

  • Colin Magee
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 14, 2006

      I am unable to access a commercial service that just upgraded and now uses Doc/literal.

      When will this be supported?

    • Colin Magee
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 17, 2006

        Any news or views on this?   Are there any known workarounds?

        It’s the third time I’ve asked the question on this list with no reply.  Is it a stupid question?

        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 17, 2006

          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 17, 2006
            You haven't provided much information.

            I can't say that I'm sure I understand all the issues re:
            Document/literal vs. RPC/literal, etc. but I thoght this primarily
            affects WSDLs?

            My first SOAP::Lite client accessed a Systinet Java service which used
            the Document/literal. It was a difficult learning experience but I did
            succeed, both rolling my own requests using SOAP::Data objects and then
            in using stubmaker.pl on the WSDL and then modifying the resulting
            SERVER.pm, adding the needed namespaces and filling out the method
            signatures.

            So it can be done.

            Eric

            P.S. Here's some code from that effort to give you the idea.
            ==========================
            my $service = SOAP::Lite
            ->proxy('http://...');

            # Use $service->call() method so we can put the 'api' namespace in the
            ENVELOPE body
            my $method = SOAP::Data
            ->name($method_name)
            ->prefix('tns')
            ->uri('http://systinet.com/wsdl/gov/nwis/api/');

            # Use SOAP::Data as params to prefix the paramter name siteNoString with
            the proper namespace prefix.
            # a) We have a simple type <siteNoString>'siteNo_string'</p0> of string.
            # c) Make sure the paramter names use the right namespace prefix.
            my $params =
            SOAP::Data
            ->name( 'tns:siteNoString' => $site_no)
            ->type('string')
            ;

            # Pass the both method and params to the service.
            my $response = $service->call($method
            => $params
            );