Content-length

  • teden
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 9, 2006
      Folks,

      Got a tricky one here.

      I have written a SOAP::Lite service which happens to be a consumer of
      a SOAP service hosted in Weblogic. The WLI service connects to a third
      party. The problem is the 3rd party returns unicode characters, and
      the WLI service calculates the content-length of the message in the
      response before converting to UTF-8. Thus, by the time I get the
      response, the content-length reported in the message is actually 1 or
      more byts smaller than the actual content-length.

      Is there a setting whereby I can make my service not sensitive to
      content-length? Or is this really an issue with expat? I am working on
      a new Solaris 2.8 box, my old 2.8 box this works fine, the only
      difference is that we are using sun's crappy c compiler instead of gcc
      on the new box. BTW I am still on SOAP::Lite 0.60.

      Thanks for any help,

      Thom Eden