Re: [soaplite] Server implementation: stubmaker vs. roll-your-own ?

  • Kai McBride
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 9, 2006
      Hi Eric,

      > I'm no expert but I believe you have this backwards.
      >
      > A WSDL is published by a SOAP server and tells a SOAP client how to
      > connect, what methods are available, what the paramters are, what
      > should
      > be returned, etc. The module produced by stubmaker.pl can be used to
      > create a client.

      That matches my understanding too. I was put in an odd position because
      the vendor I'm working with has hard coded the SOAP calls into their
      client.
      They supply a WSDL file, but it is more for reference- i.e. they
      don't read
      it in and change their behavior based on its values (that took
      several days
      of emails to determine).

      > So the short answer is to roll your own server as you've done.'

      great, thank you. That saves me a lot of time and headaches.

      >> Here though I need to
      >> add the complex data types which are choking during
      >> deserialization.
      >
      > Do you mean the incoming paramters or the data objects you are
      > returning?
      >
      > Either way the answer is the same. Make use of SOAP::SOM and
      > SOAP::Data to
      > parse and construct complex objects.
      > See- How to nest XML elements using SOAP::Lite at
      > http://www.majordojo.com/archives/2003_04.html

      Incoming parameters, they pass a couple of complex types.
      Thanks for the pointers !

      -kai
    • Eric Bridger
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 9, 2006
        Have not played with this much but to access the parameter as a SOM object
        on the server side I'v done this:

        # this is needed for full access to SOAP::SOM
        use vars qw(@ISA);
        @ISA = qw(SOAP::Server::Parameters);

        sub DataSubmission {
        my $class = shift;